Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Plastic Miniature Lombardi Trophy

DECIDING THE CHANCE, AGAIN ... ... ...

... .. Allowed me to once again meet a nice oh!

I sets the scene: On leaving a client (I'm trading) I saw, parked about fifty yards to my left, something red, small and sleek, which immediately drew my eye. I discovered a lovely S1 111S Lotus Type 49 in the parking lot just outside the shop of another of my clients!
For those who would read it and we would not understand my sudden enthusiasm at this precise moment, know that there are only 100 copies of this livery, and I had one right under your nose! But I'll get into details just now ... ..
Thus, neither one nor two, I ran to my car, I take the Canon, and I return fissa in order to capture this ... highly desirable car.

I feel suddenly observed.

I turn around.

And I see my client, with a couple, watching me make my photos!

At first, I assure you that we are a bit stupid ... ... I get up, and I will greet my client, and he introduced me to the couple who was with him, which is in actually be the proud owners of the charming red creature that I never tired of observing and "strafe". The conversation committed, I tell them about our little tribe of photographers, and a shooting was agreed, but for now, it could not be done because for once, exceptionally, it rains in Britain in winter! ! This is the first time it happens ....... Just kidding, of course (although ....) "Say
that whichever it was snowing, so it was not really a time to put a drive in the snow, especially since the agreed location for shooting was an hour away (well, in normal ... ..!), so we preferred to refer to heyday.

follow, so ... ..




Let's talk a little technical, do not you?

So in a nutshell, the Type 49 is one of four special editions of the Lotus Elise, with the theme of Formula 1. Ago:

- The Type 25 (In memory of Jim Clark, Pilot iconic brand in the 60s. 25 as 25 wins this racing legend, but above 25 copies delivered ... This is the color "british racing green, with two central stripes yellow. Released the year of the 40th anniversary of the death of Jim Clark).

- The Type 72 (She celebrates 20 victories between 1970 and 1972 by F1 T72, and 4 world titles obtained (through?) to it, and Jochen Rindt and Fittipaldi Emmerson. The livery is black and gold, the colors of the famous cigarette JPS).

- The Type 79 (Same as the previous livery, celebrating the victory at Championship F1 World Mario Andretti. 150 copies).

- The Type 49 (She takes on historical colors: the colors white, red and gold stripes, Gold Leaf Team Lotus and the famous F1 Lotus 49 with Graham Hill as a driver and Champion World 1968: The first F1 history with a sponsor!)


Technical
inline 4 original non-turbocharged Rover
1796 cc 143 horsepower
at 7000 rpm (it was also available in 120 hp)
775 kg (5.41 kg / hp)
216 km / h top speed
5.4 seconds from 0 to 100km / h


And put the photographs, until then complete the shoot!
















soon, DJR.

0 comments:

Post a Comment